The Defense Department announced Thursday that two more Guantanamo Bay detainees had been transferred to the former Yugoslavia. A third detainee declined to accept a resettlement offer.

Officials said that Tariq Mahmoud Ahmed al-Sawah, 58, was resettled in Bosnia. He was the last Egyptian national at the prison. Abd al-Aziz Abduh Abdallah Ali al-Suwaydi, 41, a Yemeni, was sent to Monte­negro.

Mohammed Bwazir, 35, a Yemeni who has been held at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, since May 2002, decided for personal reasons to stay at the prison.

His attorney, John A. Chandler, said Bwazir “really wanted to go some place where he had family. I urged him to take it.”

According to U.S military files made public by WikiLeaks, Sawah provided valuable intelligence about al-Qaeda to his interrogators. The files said if released he was unlikely to rejoin the group because of his cooperation.

The files said he could be a “target of revenge.” He was taken into U.S. custody in December 2001 and transferred to the prison at Guantanamo in 2002.

Suwaydi was suspected of being a member of al-Qaeda; he was captured by Pakistani forces in Karachi in early 2002 and then sent to Guantanamo.

Chandler declined to name the country that offered to take his client, who has relatives in the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia.

The latest transfer brings the total number of detainees down to 91 as the Obama administration scrambles to close the prison.

On Thursday, the Pentagon also said Mustafa Abd al-Qawi Abd al-Aziz al-Shamiri, a Yemeni, had been cleared for transfer. He was once thought to be a member of al-Qaeda and a senior trainer in Afghanistan.

A parole-style board said that “most of the derogatory prior assessments … have been discredited and the current information shows that the detainee has low level military capability.”