Robert Griffin III was mic’d up for this past Sunday’s game against the Cowboys, and the audio was featured in a segment on Inside the NFL on Showtime, as well as SoundFX on the NFL Network. It’s chock full of fun audio and awesome moments, like these:
* At one point during the segment on Showtime, RGIII celebrates a run while Rob Ryan stands on the sidelines saying, “Danger, danger, danger.” That was fun.
* RGIII says “baby” a lot. ““Come on, baby.” “Take a bow, baby.” “Go stop ‘em, baby”
* He calls Alfred Morris “MVP” multiple times, and at one point tells him “You’re my Terrell Davis, baby.”
* After clearly getting bopped on the head by Jason Hatcher and getting the call, RGIII consoled Hatcher, who insisted he didn’t hit him. “I don’t think you did, dog,” says RGIII. “You right. You right.”
* There was a touching moment at the end of the game, when Santana Moss hugs RGIII. “It’s been a long time coming, bro,” Moss says, while still embracing his quarterback. “I appreciate you, man. I really appreciate you, man.”
* RGIII apparently had some postgame motivational words for Tony Romo. “Hey, Tony. I just wanted to say to you, don’t listen to what anybody else is saying about you,” he told the Cowboys quarterback, after catching up to him on the field. “You’re a great quarterback. This game doesn’t mean anything, you feel me?” Awkward.
You can see the NFL Network version of the audio here. Not sufficient for work if seeing your quarterback hit the turf over and over makes you queasy.
BECAUSE YOU DON’T READ THE PAPER
* Hey look, Adam Kilgore writing about the Redskins’ running game.
* RGIII seems ready for playoff football.
* Jason Reid on Santana Moss.
* Maryland’s womens basketball team is headed into the tough part of their schedule with a depleted roster.
* Wizards lost.
TWEET OF THE NIGHT
It happens to the best of us…
Sorry people I got rt happy
— Gio Gonzalez (@GioGonzalez47) January 3, 2013
QUOTE OF THE NIGHT
Randy Wittman, on a potential new game strategy:
“I’d pay a lot for a couple of extra timeouts. I’m going to call [Commissioner David] Stern & see if I could buy some.”
PHOTO OF THE DAY
Here’s an RGIII shirt we haven’t seen yet. (via @dcuniverse)
WHAT TO WATCH TODAY
Lots of college basketball. All TV/Radio listings here.
FOOD OF THE DAY
Verizon Center is now serving crab cakes and chicken wings with Mambo sauce.
SPEAKING OF RGIII SHIRTS
Here’s a Seahawks Russell Wilson shirt that looks familiar.