Before Jordan Crawford launched his last-second tie-breaking Arenas-range game-winning three-pointer early Tuesday morning, I was already well prepared for the sights of a tired team preparing for overtime.
After the ball splashed gently through the net and the Wizards began a college-basketball-style on-court celebration, my mind quickly shifted from visual to audio mode.
“DAGGGGGGGGGERRRRRRRRRRRR!” Steve Buckhantz said, more or less. “JORDAN CRAWFORD, WITH THE DAGGER OF THE YEAR!”
Steve Buckhantz with the dagger of the year, too. Of several years, actually.
In stark contrast to the hysteria on the court (and behind the mic) was Trevor Booker, who calmly and coolly fist-pumped as soon as Crawford released that shot, while the rest of his teammates waited with
baited bated breath. Booker believed in that dagger before anyone else did. See below.
More on the Wizards and the NBA:
- Crawford’s three wins it for Wizards
- Box score: Washington 98, Portland 95
- Discussion thread | Wizards forum
- Wall quickly makes his impact felt
- Ariza finally finds his scoring touch
- Wizards Insider: Latest updates from Michael Lee
- NBA scoreboard | League standings
- Kings franchise looks Seattle-bound