Usually Metro has a host of problems on any given day related to signal troubles, disabled trains or cracked rails.

But the past 24 hours have gone beyond the norm and into the slightly odd.

It started during Thursday evening’s rush hour around 5:30 p.m. when a 17-year-old pregnant woman aboard a Red Line train headed to Grosvenor-Strathmore went into labor. Her water broke as she was on a train and medical personnel arrived to help her at Gallery Place. Passengers were offloaded from the train and the woman was taken to George Washington Hospital.

The woman is reported to be fine and told hospital staff there she was expecting a boy.

Word of her being in labor quickly spread via social media outlets, and as passengers on the opposite train came into Gallery Place, they asked how she was doing and whether she had given birth. Trains were delayed 15 to 20 minutes.

About the same time on the Green Line, between the West Hyattsville and Prince George’s Plaza stations, a train operator struck a deer that jumped onto the tracks. Metro officials said the operator stopped the train, got out to look and found there was no damage to the train. The train, with passengers aboard, continued toward Greenbelt.

The deer died.

Friday morning, the excitement continued on Metro.

About 9:50 a.m., a stolen car hit a Metro bus head-on during a police chase.

Prince George’s County police were pursuing the stolen car when it hit the front of a Metro bus on the P12 route at Southern Avenue and Wheeler Road in Southeast Washington.

The bus operator and a passenger were transported to a local area hospital for injuries that were not life-threatening.

Ten minutes later, Metro had a bank robber trying to make an apparent getaway on a train.

About 10 a.m., D.C. police called Metro Transit Police and asked them to hold a train at Dupont Circle after a man allegedly robbed a Wells Fargo bank on K street NW and was said to be on a Red Line train.

Dan Stessel, chief Metro spokesman, said the man “entered the system at Dupont Circle” and was “arrested without incident aboard a Silver Spring-bound train that was being held on the platform.”

A Twitter photo showed the suspect being lead away via the south entrance of Dupont Circle in handcuffs.

 By noon, the system appeared to be running normal. At least for now.