Andray Blatche “not worried at all” about incident

Andray Blatche leaves the Four Seasons on Tuesday. (Matt Rourke /AP)

Brooklyn Nets center Andray Blatche said he is “not worried at all” about a sexual assault that allegedly happened in his Four Seasons hotel suite early Tuesday in Philadelphia.

“I’m not worried at all, because when the truth comes out, then everybody will realize what happened,” Blatche said. “You all are going to hear the truth sooner or later. It’s just a bad situation. … When the time comes and I can talk about it, everybody will realize it’s not what you think.”

Blatche was questioned by Philadelphia police who were investigating the claim of a 21-year-old woman that she she was raped in his suite. Philadelphia police said that Blatche not involved in the assault and he played Tuesday night against the 76ers.

“Right now, it’s still under a legal matter. I can’t really have any comment about it, but I feel like everything will be resolved and everybody will know what’s going on sooner or later,” Blatche said. “I talked to my teammates about it, [Nets General Manager] Billy [King] about it. We all know what’s going on, and everybody’s supporting me and has my back 100 percent.”

Blatche, who reportedly had been out with friends, said he doesn’t plan to re-consider his choice of companions despite a past that includes several run-ins with the law. (He was shot in the chest in a carjacking incident shortly after he was drafted by the Washington Wizards in 2005. His time with the Wizards ended badly, with Blatche telling The Post’s Michael Lee that “they tried to end me.”)

The woman who filed the complaint told Philadelphia’s ABC affiliate that, while Blatche was not a participant, he was a witness. The woman, whose identity was protected by the station, said she met Blatche’s entourage at a strip club and believed that she was drugged as the group partied. They all went back to Blatche’s suite, where she says she passed out on the bed and was raped while, she contends, Blatche and another man watched from the doorway. Blatche’s lawyer told USA Today that he voluntarily submitted a DNA sample.

The investigation, Philadelphia police public information officer Jillian Russell said, remains open and no charges have been filed.

Follow @CindyBoren on Twitter and on Facebook.

Show Comments
Most Read
The story must be told.
Subscribe to The Washington Post.



Success! Check your inbox for details.

See all newsletters

Close video player
Now Playing
Close video player
Now Playing