Super XLVIII is almost here, with the matchup between the Denver Broncos and Seattle Seahawks set for Sunday at 6:30 p.m.
There is no shortage of story lines: The No. 1 offense (Denver) vs. the No. 1 defense (Seattle); Peyton Manning vs. Richard Sherman; Is this farewell for Manning?
It looks as if the NFL has dodged a bullet, weatherwise. The forecast calls for a mild evening — and snow for Monday.
Here’s what you need to know for the big game:
Who: Denver Broncos (15-3) vs. Seattle Seahawks (15-3)
Kickoff: Sunday at 6:30 p.m.
TV/Radio: WTTG (Channel 5), WBFF (Channel 45), WTEM (980 AM)
Where: MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, N.J.
Halftime Show: Bruno Mars and Red Hot Chili Peppers
Latest Line (via VegasInsiders.com): Denver -2 (47.5 total)
Weather Forecast (via Capital Weather Gang): 35-39 degrees Fahrenheit at kickoff, 10 percent chance of precipitation
Coach: John Fox
Key players: QB Peyton Manning, RB Knowshon Moreno, WR Wes Welker, CB Champ Bailey
Previous game: Def. New England Patriots, 26-16, in the AFC Championship
Coach: Pete Carroll
Key players: QB Russell Wilson, RB Marshawn Lynch, WR Percy Harvin, CB Richard Sherman
Previous game: Def. San Francisco 49ers, 23-17, in the NFC Championship
|Team Comparison (via Associated Press)|
Super Bowl XLVIII, by the numbers:
Post Sports Live’s Mike Wise, Dan Steinberg, Jason Reid and Jonathan Forsythe make their Super Bowl predictions:
More Super Bowl stories:
- Colin Kaepernick blasts Richard Sherman
- Peyton Manning on the greatest QB ever
- The greatest Super Bowl photo ever. Really.
- Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch gives people reason to talk
- Super Bowl-bound Broncos held it together when Coach John Fox had heart surgery
- SALLY JENKINS: Richard Sherman has a lot to show us — about ourselves
- Going Out Guide: Broncos, Seahawks fans battle for viewing space at same D.C. bar