Julius Randle does not need foot surgery, his mother says


Julius Randle (30) celebrated with teammates during the NCAA tournament. (Andy Lyons / Getty Images)

Julius Randle and his mother fought back angrily after reports that the Kentucky star would require foot surgery that would damage his status in the NBA draft later this month.

Yahoo’s Adrian Wojnarowski reported Randle, previously projected as a No. 1 pick. would require precautionary surgery on his right ankle, which he broke during his senior year of high school. His mother, Carolyn Kyles, told the Louisville Courier-Journal that the report is “a lie.”

“Everything with Julius is fine,” Kyles said. “There is no surgery scheduled whatsoever. Nothing. They don’t have a clue. They haven’t spoken to us. They haven’t spoken to Julius’ doctor. I know for a fact, because he is my son, there is no surgery scheduled, period, now or after.”

ESPN also reported that Randle’s ankle is “an issue.” Surgery would sideline him six-to-eight weeks.

After spending most of her career in traditional print sports journalism, Cindy began blogging and tweeting, first as NFL/Redskins editor, and, since August 2010, at The Early Lead. She also is the social media editor for Sports.

sports

early-lead

Success! Check your inbox for details. You might also like:

Please enter a valid email address

See all newsletters

Comments
Show Comments
Next Story
Cindy Boren · June 12, 2014

To keep reading, please enter your email address.

You’ll also receive from The Washington Post:
  • A free 6-week digital subscription
  • Our daily newsletter in your inbox

Please enter a valid email address

I have read and agree to the Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Please indicate agreement.

Thank you.

Check your inbox. We’ve sent an email explaining how to set up an account and activate your free digital subscription.