WWE’s SummerSlam is just days away and Roman Reigns is playing his part well. The long-haired relative of Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson even kept in character when making up a football team made entirely of WWE superstars. Set to face bad-guy Randy Orton, who according to the WWE, stands at six-foot-five and weighs 235 pounds, Reigns named him the team’s water boy, USA Today writes.
“Randy Orton, he’s my water boy. He gets the towels,” Reigns said.
Now, that’s some good kayfabe, right there. Reigns, whose real name is Joe Anoai and played football at Georgia Tech, continued the act by also throwing a barb at his former “Shield” tag team partner Seth Rollins. Rollins recently turned heel in the ring when he betrayed Reigns and best friend Dean Ambrose. Reigns decided not to add Rollins to his WWE fantasy football team either, telling USA Today: “[Y]ou can’t trust him. He’d probably send our game plan to the other team.” (He probably would.)
As for the rest of his team, Reigns broke it down like this (via USA Today):
- Left Tackle: Big Show
- Right Tackle: Tensai
- Guards: Mark Henry and Bray Wyatt
- Center: John Cena
- Tight End: Wade Barrett
- Running Back: Dolph Ziggler
- Full Back: Ryback
- Wide receivers: Kofi Kingston and Fandango
- Quarterback: Cesaro
- Nose Tackles: Big E Langston and Rusev
- Defensive Linemen: Luke Harper and Erick Rowan
- Defensive Ends: Titus O’Neil and Curtis Axel
- Linebackers: Himself and The Usos
- Safeties: Xavier Woods and Chris Jericho
- Cornerbacks: Tyson Kidd and Dean Ambrose
Where the kicker? Oh, here it is.
Reigns said the owner would be Vince McMahon, obviously. “He’s like the Dallas Cowboys owner [Jerry Jones]. That type. They’ll shoot the skybox more than the field,” Reigns told USA Today.