The Seattle Seahawks will defend their Super Bowl title on Sunday against the New England Patriots, who are aiming for their fourth Super Bowl victory. The game pits one of the league’s best offenses, directed by quarterback Tom Brady, against the vaunted Seattle defense.
In the regular season, the Patriots were 11th in yards per game with 1,073, while the Seahawks led the NFL in total defense, allowing only 267.1 yards per game. If New England wins, Brady would tie Hall of Famers Joe Montana and Terry Bradshaw for the most Super Bowl rings with four apiece, cementing his status as one of the best ever to play the position.
If Seahawks Coach Pete Carroll leads his team to consecutive Super Bowl titles, he can become just the seventh to do so, joining the ranks of Vince Lombardi, Don Shula, Chuck Noll, Jimmy Johnson, Mike Shanahan and Bill Belichick.
Teams: New England Patriots (12-4) vs. Seattle Seahawks (12-4)
Kickoff: 6:30 p.m. ET
Location: University of Phoenix Stadium, Glendale, Ariz.
Halftime Show: Katy Perry featuring Lenny Kravitz
Latest Line: New England -1
More on Super Bowl
- 2015 Super Bowl ads
- Everything you need to know before betting on the Super Bowl
- Thanks to Super Bowl prop bets, you can bet on Katy Perry and Alex Ovechkin
- Richard Sherman may have to choose between Super Bowl or birth of first child
- Seahawks’ Marshawn Lynch will linger in spotlight long after Super Bowl
- Fancy Stats: Super Bowl XLIX preview and predictions
- Going Out Guide: Where to watch Super Bowl XLIX
- A complete guide to Puppy Bowl XI