(Bill Wippert/AP File)

This post has been updated.

Philadelphia police reportedly have recommended to prosecutors that charges be filed against Buffalo Bills running back LeSean McCoy after two off-duty police officers were injured in a Philadelphia nightclub brawl with McCoy’s party over a bottle of champagne.

Police had completed their investigation into the incident, which occurred Sunday morning, and have handed over their evidence to the district attorney’s office. Arrest warrants are expected to be issued soon, according to ESPN. Philadelphia TV station WPVI reports that police have recommended that McCoy, who formerly played for the Philadelphia Eagles, be charged with aggravated assault. (TMZ has video of the brawl here.)

One officer suffered a broken nose and ribs as well as an eye laceration and sprained thumb; the other officer has a possible skull fracture.

McCoy’s lawyer told ESPN on Tuesday that he would surrender to police if charged, something that is not expected to happen Thursday, ESPN reports. McCoy has changed lawyers, with Philadelphia attorney Larry Krasner now taking on the case.

The incident occurred at roughly 2:45 a.m. in the Recess Lounge in Philly’s Old City. According to Philly.com:

McCoy, 27, who was traded last year from the Eagles to the Buffalo Bills, was with former San Diego Chargers running back Curtis Brinkley, 30; former University of Pittsburgh player Tamarcus Porter, 27; and Christopher Henderson, 26. Some members of the group allegedly assaulted three off-duty officers — including a sergeant — in a dispute over a bottle of champagne, according to police reports.

Sgt. Daniel Ayres and Officers Darnell Jessie and Roland Butler had purchased four bottles of champagne shortly before the fracas, according to the incident reports.

Porter tried to claim one bottle from Butler, and a shoving match erupted, according to the police report. That led to a fight in which Porter and his friends “punched, kicked and stomped” Butler, according to the police report. The fight ended only after three bouncers intervened and ejected all seven men from the bar.