Evidence from the latest raid will be given to American and Swiss federal prosecutors.
“The evidence appears to reveal a coordinated effort by three former top officials of FIFA to enrich themselves through annual salary increases, World Cup bonuses and other incentives totaling more than 79 million Swiss francs — in just the last five years,” Bill Burck of Quinn Emanuel, the U.S. law firm retained by FIFA during its corruption crisis, told the Associated Press.
Blatter resigned his position one year ago Thursday. Valcke was fired in January and Kattner was dismissed last week. Swiss attorney general Michael Lauber opened criminal proceedings against Blatter last September and against Valcke in March. Blatter and Valcke, who are suspected of mismanaging FIFA money, denied wrongdoing, but were banned by FIFA’s ethics committee for six and 12 years, respectively, in February.
“We look forward to showing FIFA that Mr. Blatter’s compensation payments were proper, fair and in line with the heads of major professional sports leagues around the world,” Richard Cullen, Blatter’s U.S.-based attorney, said in a statement received by The Post.