Get ready for more Randy Moss. (Elsa/Getty Images)

After a few months of rumors, ESPN made it official Monday with the announcement that Randy Moss is joining its NFL coverage team. The speculation had been bubbling since May, when The Big Lead reported that Moss was set to join the network along with fellow newcomers Matt Hasselbeck and Charles Woodson, replacing Ray Lewis and Cris Carter on a revamped version of the “Countdown” programs on Sunday mornings and Monday evenings.

Moss, a six-time Pro Bowler, has worked for Fox Sports since he retired following the 2012 season. He’ll make his ESPN debut during the network’s coverage of Pro Football Hall of Fame weekend Aug. 6-7.

“ESPN is the No. 1 sports channel in the world! Now I’m a part of a network I grew up running home to watch,” Moss said in an ESPN statement. “The team that has been put together has so much football knowledge to share and I can’t wait to get started. I feel very blessed and excited for this opportunity. It’s going be a great and fun year.”

Last week, Moss had a telephone interview with MMQB’s Kalyn Kahler in which he talked about all sorts of things, including his belief that the NFL should remove marijuana from its banned-substance list.

“I think the NFL just needs to loosen up the rules and let everybody live,” he said.