This week, readers leaned into three vegetarian dinner recipes with bold flavors. One fish recipe snuck onto the list, too good to be forgotten. Choose what suits your tastes and cook up something satisfying this weekend.
1. Portuguese-Style Fish. This spicy, saucy dish is back in our top 5 for a second consecutive week. And for good reason. Flaky white fish poaches directly in the sauce, so there’s no need to whip out another pan. Get the step-by-step guide for this Dinner in Minutes recipe on Voraciously.
2. Shakshuka-stuffed spuds, above. Another spicy, saucy selection. This Dinner in Minutes takes “breakfast for dinner” to a whole new level. The tomato sauce permeates a hot, fluffy potato and has a runny egg to boot. Truly, what more could you want?
3. Vegetarian Mapo Tofu. All the tongue-tingling spice of a classic mapo tofu with none of the meat. It’s also vegan, for those missing the takeout experience. Head on over to Voraciously to get the rundown.
4. Gingery Basil Tempeh with Snap Peas. Tempeh can be a hard sell for the uninitiated, but the key to handling this fermented soy protein is bold flavors. You’ll find them in this Weeknight Vegetarian dish on Voraciously, paired with snap peas and bright red cabbage for crunch.
5. Honey Molasses Whole-Wheat Bread. The magic number is 75. Seventy-five strokes of your wooden spoon transforms dark, gooey molasses and golden ribbons of honey into a warm, satisfying bread straight out of a fairy-tale. Cut in thick slices and smear with mascarpone, butter, jam and/or nut butter — it’s the perfect snack.
More from Food: