This week, our readers wanted recipes with high yields, whether that meant portions for a crowd or dishes guaranteed to bring pure joy. Add these recipes to your roster for a fresh and fabulous summer.
1. Corn, Radish, Tomato and Tortilla Chip Salad, above. One of the highlights of summer is long, lazy, sunny afternoons. On those days, the last thing you want to do is prepare an elaborate meal. Instead, turn to this simple, bright salad for a dish that does all the work for you. You’ll find the simple steps for this Weeknight Vegetarian recipe over on Voraciously.
2. Classic Barbecue Chicken. Got a cookout coming up? This barbecue chicken is sure to get everyone excited. A simple, tangy-sweet sauce, some crisp char from the grill and hungry guests will make for a great party. Find the walk-through for this essential summer recipe on Voraciously.
3. Sweet Cream Ice Cream Base. If you thought making ice cream was too hard, think again with our guide to homemade ice cream. Start with this sweet cream base, which you can fill with flavorings and toppings of your choice. You’ll find out why this recipe works so well and pick up a few handy tips for perfecting it on Voraciously.
4. Ritz-y Fish. Through cooking for charity, Julia Turshen learned how to plan better and improvise more in her own kitchen to make seemingly ordinary items shine. Here, the humble Ritz cracker makes a buttery, herby crust to keep white fish perfectly cooked. Find out what else Turshen learned in her personal essay on Voraciously.
5. Any Tender Herb Rice Pilaf. Does your herb garden runneth over? Have no fear! Follow Martha Holmberg’s guide to using tons of fresh herbs on Voraciously to get this rice dish. Be creative with your herb combos and use a heavy hand, and you’ll put your summer bounty to good use.
More from Food: