"G.I. Joe: Retaliation" got off to a strong start, hauling in $51.7 million during its first four days (and $41.2 million over the weekend). The big question was whether the part-reboot, part-sequel could live up to the box office smash and/or critical beatdown of 2009's "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra." The answer: It got pretty close to both Cobra's opening weekend tally of $54.7 million and Rotten Tomatoes score of 34 percent. For "Retaliation," 29 percent of reviews were positive.
Here's the full list of last weekend's big winners, including a $22 million score for Tyler Perry's "Temptation."
- G.I. Joe: Retaliation, $41.2
- The Croods, $26.5 million
- Tyler Perry's Temptation, $22.3
- Olympus Has Fallen, $14 million
- Oz The Great and Powerful, $11.6 million
- The Host, $11 million
- The Call, $4.8 million
- Admission, $3.3 million
- Spring Breakers, $2.8 million
- The Incredible Burt Wonderstone, $1.3 million