It's a snow day across the region, with schools, universities and local and federal governments closed. We'll update this post throughout the day with weather-related closings and, of course, food and drink specials for those enjoying a day of leisure. Want to add to this list? E-mail email@example.com.
[Last update: 3:45 p.m.]
Food and drink:
• Weekday brunches for the not-entirely-snowed-in Washingtonian. (Which is all of you.)
• Want to get the kids out of the house? Argonaut offers a kids-eat-free deal from noon to 3 p.m. today -- plus $2 beers for adults -- while Ireland's Four Courts lets the kids eat free until 7 p.m. with the purchase of adult entrees.
• It's line-cleaning day at Meridian Pint, which means the bar will not be open before 5 p.m.
Bearnaise: The all-day happy hour includes $5 hot toddies and $2 off wine by the glass, beer or specialty cocktails.
BLT Steak: Half-price ($6) hot cocktails, including a Dark and Stormy Cider and Hennessy Hottie.
Bullfeathers: An all-day happy hour features $3 Bud Light, Shock Top and Bullfeathers Amber, or $5 Breckenridge Vanilla Porter, hot toddies, Irish coffees and Bloody Marys.
Ceiba: Wish you were somewhere warmer, like Brazil? Ceiba has $5 caipirinhas all day.
Hill Country: Hill Country's happy hour, which includes $3 PBRs and $5 well drinks and house margaritas, will be offered all day.
Jack Rose Dining Saloon: All-night happy hour prices for hot cocktails, including hot mulled wine, hot whiskey cider and a hot toddy made with black tea and wheated bourbon.
Lou's City Bar: An all-day happy hour includes $5 house wine, punch and Blue Moon drafts. Sliders cost $5 for two or $9 for four.
Mason Inn: Glover Park's neighborhood sports bar has specials on coffee drinks and Fireball shots beginning at noon.
Piola: Buy any pizza and any beer for regular price at Piola and your second beer is $1.
Trummer's on Main: Half-price bar food from 8:30 to 9:30 p.m.
Vinoteca: Vinoteca's popular $5-wines-by-the-glass happy hour will run all night tonight, and the bar is adding a special mulled cider to the menu for $5.
Things you can't do Tuesday:
• The National Geographic Museum is closed, and tonight's "Risk, Fail, Explore" event is canceled.
• The National Gallery of Art is closed.
• The National Zoo is closed. All other Smithsonian properties are open.
• The National Building Museum is closed.
• Mount Vernon is closed.
• The museum at the National Archives is closed.
• The matinee performance of "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner" at Arena Stage has been moved to Friday.
• Kid-friendly Imagination Stage in Bethesda is closed.
• The National Museum of Women in the Arts is closed.
• Dumbarton Oaks Museum is closed.
• Capitol Hill Arts Workshop is closed.