This year's Sweetlife Festival, with headliners Lana Del Ray and Fitz and the Tantrums and a cast of others, sold out soon after being announced in February. For the nearly 20,000 attendees, the festival's appeal isn't just the music; it's as much about food, which the festival curates with the same keen eye that it has for indie bands.
The food lineup for the May 10 fest features Sweetgreen's salads, food trucks, vegetarian tacos, Shake Shack, a couple of lauded chefs and a beer created for the festival. And the big news may be the preview of Maketto's night market concept it seems we'll get: Erik Bruner-Yang of Toki Underground and Spike Gjerde of Baltimore's Woodberry Kitchen are creating "Sweetlife Night Market," where you can sip from Vigilante Coffee (which will be a key part of Maketto) and grab snacks from 13th Street Meats, Toki Underground, Maketto, Parts & Labor, Shoo-Fly Diner and Woodberry Kitchen. Expect the return of pho dogs and more.
See the full list of vendors below:
- Chef Erik Bruner-Yang of Toki Underground and Maketto
- Chef Spike Gjerde of Woodberry Kitchen, Parts & Labor and Shoo-Fly Diner
- Food trucks including Pepe by Jose Andrés, TaKorean, the Big Cheese, the Randy Radish, DC Empanadas and PhoWheels
- Shake Shack
- DGS Delicatessen
- 13th Street Meats
- Chaia Tacos
- Astro Doughnuts & Fried Chicken
- Roofers Union
- Pete’s New Haven Style Apizza
- Luke’s Lobster
- Rappahannock Oysters
- Dolcezza Gelato, Gordy’s Pickle Jar, Sir Kensington’s Ketchup, Righteous Cheese, TaDah! Foods and Bakery de France
- Stumptown Coffee, Vigilante Coffee Company, Honest Tea, and Tito’s Vodka
- Beer and wine including a custom collaboration, Sweetlife Pale Wheat, with Flying Dog Brewery. DC Brau, Chocolate City Brewery, and Stillwater Artisanal Ales.