2. Review the problem for a few minutes just before going to bed.
3. Once in bed, visualize the problem as a concrete image if it lends itself to this.
4. Tell yourself you want to dream about the problem just as you are drifting off to sleep.
5. Keep a pen and paper—perhaps also a flashlight or pen with a lit tip—on the night table.
6. Upon awakening, lie quietly before getting out of bed. Note whether there is any trace of a recalled dream and invite more of the dream to return if possible. Write it down.
Sometimes the incubation also involves:
- At bedtime, visualize yourself dreaming about the problem, awakening, and writing on the bedside note pad.
If you liked this article on Inspired Life, you might also like:
Want more inspiring news and ideas for improving your life? Sign up for the Inspired Life Saturday newsletter here.