- 51,320: The total number of annual members the system has had in its life. (Not all of these people are still members.)
- 624,743: Total number of short-term members, which includes 24-hour and three-day members.
- 1,000,000: Number of trips taken in Capital Bikeshare’s first year.
- 2,853,734: Number of trips taken in the system’s fourth year, September 2013 through September 2014.
- 5,914: Number of trips taken by the system’s most-used bike.
- 12,985: Number of miles ridden on the system’s most-used bike.
- April 12, 2014: The National Cherry Blossom Festival Parade and Capital Bikeshare’s busiest day.
- 15,746: Number of rides taken on this historically busy day.
- 49,538: Bike repairs performed since the system opened in 2010.
- 1,326,178: Bikes rebalanced since the system opened.
- 587,979,457: Total number of calories Bikeshare estimates people have burned while riding its bikes.
The most important news stories of the day, curated by Post editors and delivered every morning.