When investigators searched the home of Ingrid Lyne, the Washington woman who’d vanished after a planned date night, they collected swabs of “suspected blood,” according to court documents.

In the kitchen, they found a box of trash bags — bags that matched those in which body parts, including a human head, had been found.

And in a bathroom, they found a 15-inch pruning saw, according to the probable cause statement from the Seattle Police Department.

“Relatives reported to Detectives that the saw was not normally in the bathroom,” the court documents state.

The chilling details from the documents came as the man suspected in Lyne’s death, 37-year-old John Robert Charlton, appeared in court Tuesday. Charlton has been booked into King County jail for “investigation of murder” and is being held on $2 million bail, the Seattle Times reports.

His public defender contended that there wasn’t evidence to connect Charlton to Lyne’s death — suggestions a judge dismissed, according to the Times.

The body parts were reported Saturday by a man who found the bagged remains after emptying  his recycling bin. Seattle Police Chief Kathleen O’Toole said Monday that the remains were most likely those of Lyne, a 40-year-old nurse and mother who’d gone missing, though O’Toole said official verification would come from the medical examiner’s office.

O’Toole did not directly use Lyne’s name during a news conference Monday, but said authorities had “no reason to believe that there’s any question of the victim’s identity. We’re very confident that the victim is the one that has been identified in the media.”

According the court documents — which were posted online by KCPQ, a Fox affiliate — the body parts discovered Saturday included an arm with a hand, a lower leg, a foot and a head.

“The head showed no signs of decomposition and the facial features were intact and distinctive,” reads the probable cause statement, which notes that the affiant was “quite sure the head is that of Ingrid Maree Lyne.”

No one answered the door when Lyne’s ex-husband arrived at her home Saturday morning with their three daughters, according to the documents. Her car wasn’t parked outside, and she didn’t answer her cellphone.

Lyne’s ex-husband called her mother, who drove to the house and called police.

A neighbor told detectives that Lyne had been dating a man named John, the documents state. The couple apparently had plans go the Seattle Mariners game  Friday; an officer who looked at her computer saw the baseball tickets on the screen.

Lyne’s mother showed investigators text messages she had exchanged with Charlton, according to the documents, which detailed some of the conversation.

“My name is John, I thought she was with her kids today?” Charlton’s responded.

“When did you see her last?” Lyne’s mother responded. “She’s not here, her phone is here and driver’s license and purse but she’s not, please respond, I’ve called 911.”

“911?” Charlton texted back. “What’s going on? We went to the Mariners game last night but we didn’t stay the night together because she has her kids today … not sure what she has told you about me and our relationship.”

Then Lyne’s mother wrote: “She’s missing. What time did you see her last. A police officer needs to speak to you as you may be the last person who saw her. Please call [telephone number].”

According to the documents, Charlton did not respond to Lyne’s mother again.

“Please John, did Ingrid say anything about someone coming to see her after you separated from her last night,” Lyne’s mother wrote in her last text. “We can’t find her or her car. As I said her phone and ID and purse are at her house but she and her car are gone without a trace. Any help would be appreciated. We are desperate. She would never just go off and leave her family.”

When Charlton was interviewed by detectives, he said that he and Lyne had been dating for about a month, according to the documents.

They had gone to the baseball game Friday night, he said, but he had been so intoxicated afterward  he couldn’t remember how the couple got to her home after the game, or what happened there.

“He said he believed they had sex, and said Lyne was acting ‘weird,’ but could not or would not provide and further details,” the documents state.

He also told authorities that he couldn’t remember how he left Lyne’s home. Charlton told investigators that he spent Saturday and Sunday at the home of an ex-girlfriend.

Charlton had abrasions on his forehead and hand, scratches on his chest, and injuries on his lip and chin, the documents state.

An email sent to his attorney was not immediately returned.