- These are five ways to promote your small business.
- Britain’s spy agency “officially” joins Twitter – and promptly follows James Bond.
- Google tries its hand at social again with a launch of a group chat app.
- This is a story of a Maryland baker’s love/hate relationship with Facebook.
- Twitter will stop counting photos and links in its 140-character limit.
On This Day in 1792
- The New York Stock Exchange was founded at 70 Wall Street by 24 brokers.
Around the Country
- Waze is taking on Uber and Lyft in San Francisco with a carpool service.
- Connecticut is expanding its online business registration tool.
- A study concludes that states are losing out on billions of dollars by keeping pot illegal.
- A Boston ride-hailing service is seeking inroads to the Austin market.
- Google is paying Arizonans to drive around.
- AAA’s grip is forcing tow companies in the Bay Area out of business, according to a lawsuit.
- A bagel business opens a “pop-up” in Denver two weeks after a deadly fire.
- The mayor of an Indiana town considers a “shared area” for small business owners.
Around the World
News we should know about? Email us here.