- What was his involvement in the issuance of the Clinton subpoena?
- Did he conduct or review legal research?
- Was his view then that a president must respond to a subpoena in a civil matter?
- Is there any way to distinguish a subpoena to testify in a civil matter from one in a possible criminal matter?
- If anything, is the necessity for the president to respond to a criminal subpoena even greater since it implicates others’ liberty and due process rights?
- If a grand jury issues a subpoena to a president who has information germane to a duly authorized criminal and/or national security investigation, is there any legal basis for him to refuse to comply?
August 16, 2018 at 10:15 AM EDT