On another Murdoch media property, though, the word for Kushner was less bleak. According to a database of cable news captions collected at the Internet Archive’s TV News Archive, Kushner’s name was raised a grand total of 10 times this week in Fox News’s prime-time programming. By contrast, he was mentioned 213 times on MSNBC between 7 p.m. and 11 p.m. and 154 times on CNN.
What was Fox News saying about Kushner? Here are all six mentions from Wednesday night.
- On “The Story With Martha MacCallum,” correspondent Ed Henry noted that Hope Hicks’s departure as White House communications director “comes amid indications [Chief of Staff John] Kelly may also be trying to ease out senior adviser and presidential son-in-law Jared Kushner.”
- A bit later, Henry added that Hicks’s departure came shortly after that of Raffel, who had worked with Kushner.
- On “Tucker Carlson Tonight,” Henry repeated that Hicks’s resignation came in the context of Kelly trying to “ease out” Kushner, which was part of “the real story behind the scenes,” which was that Kelly trying to consolidate power.
- On “Hannity,” Henry said the same thing.
- On “The Ingraham Angle,” host Laura Ingraham noted that Hicks was the only person who had been with Trump for as long as Kushner and Ivanka Trump.
- At the end of her show, Kushner earned a quick mention in a tease for the program to follow.
And that was it.