[posttv url="http://www.washingtonpost.com/posttv/national/fire-destroys-ny-fire-station/2014/02/25/00913e41-0606-40a2-bfe0-b41d1468f477_video.html" ]
Firefighters are trained to keep cool in tense situations, but one New York firefighter found himself in a hot spot on Monday.
“It’s embarrassing to call and say there’s a fire at your fire house,” Ed Brancati, chairman of the Golden’s Bridge Fire Department board of fire commissioners, told the Associated Press.
The Golden’s Bridge firehouse, located north of New York City, burned down on Monday in a fire caused by an electrical connection, according to the Journal News of New York.
Goldens Bridge firehouse fire remnants. A sad reminder. pic.twitter.com/SBXuE17xKo
— terence corcoran (@CorcoranTerence) February 25, 2014
A video report by the AP shows at least a dozen firemen in uniform gazing up at the decimated firehouse with windows blown in and a charred exterior.
Brancati listed a “half-million dollar rescue truck” among some of the costly damages the fire racked up.