In discussing the fatal police shooting of Michael Brown, Ferguson Police Chief Thomas Jackson released a police report Friday for a robbery he said Brown committed just minutes before the 18-year-old was shot and killed by an officer.

Jackson later said the initial contact between officer Darren Wilson and Brown — which ended with Brown’s death on a Ferguson street last weekend — was not actually connected to the robbery. The family called the decision to release the report “character assassination.”

There is still a lot that is unknown after reading the report, which was filed by an officer who responded to a 911 call about the alleged convenience store robbery. Details about what might have occurred during Brown’s fatal encounter with Wilson, for instance, are scant.

Here is the Ferguson Police Department’s version of what transpired Saturday, based on the report and the chief’s public statements. The report also included images from a surveillance camera. Time stamps are included where available.

11:52 a.m.

According to the officer who filed the robbery report, Brown entered the store with a person identified as Dorian Johnson at 11:52 a.m. The two allegedly approached the register. A witness who had just come out of the bathroom said that Brown allegedly asked the convenience store cashier for “several boxes of cigars,” according to the report.

“Brown hands a box of Swisher Sweets to Johnson,” the report said. A witness said that the cashier told Brown that he had to pay for the cigars, the report stated. Brown allegedly reached across the counter and grabbed several packets of Swisher Sweets.

“An apparent struggle or confrontation seems to take place with Brown, however it is obscured by a display case on the counter,” the report continued. Brown allegedly turns to leave the store, when the cashier comes out from behind the counter with keys in his hand.

“According to [redacted witness], [redacted cashier] was trying to lock the door until Brown returned the merchandise to him,” the report states. That’s when the photos show what allegedly happened next:

11:53 a.m.

“[Redacted] then stands between Brown and the exit door. Brown, still holding a box [sic] Swisher Sweets in his right hand, grabs [redacted] by his shirt with his left hand,” the report said.

(Ferguson Police via Reuters)

Witness: “That’s when Brown grabbed [redacted] by the shirt and forcefully pushed him back into the display rack.”

(Ferguson Police Department via Reuters)

(Ferguson Police Department via Reuters)

“Brown aggressively pulls [redacted[ in close to him and immediately pushes him back into a display rack. Johnson continues out the door and out of camera frame." “[Redacted] Backed away and Brown and Johnson exited the store with the cigars.”

(FergusonPolice Department via Reuters)

“[Redacted], no longer between Brown and the door, stops and watches Brown as walks toward the exit door.”

(Ferguson Police Department via Reuters)

11:54 a.m.

“Brown then abruptly turns back around and advances on [redacted]. Brown towers over [redacted] appearing to intimidate him.”

( Ferguson Police Department via Reuters)

(Ferguson Police Department via Reuters)

“Brown then turns back around and walks out of camera view,” the report said.

(Ferguson Police Department via Reuters)

The officer who filed the incident report said he received a call about the robbery about 11:51 a.m. (He subsequently said that the 911 call was made sometime after 11:52 a.m.) When he arrived at the scene, he was unable to locate the subject.

by 12:01 p.m.

According to Jackson, the Ferguson police chief, Darren Wilson encountered Brown on Canfield Drive.

12:04 p.m.

Another officer arrived on the scene. Michael Brown was already dead. Read the entire report here.