In 2015, Ronnie Music, Jr. won $3 million playing a lottery game.

Just one year later, the 45-year-old Georgia man was pleading guilty to federal charges, after he allegedly used his earnings to fund a drug operation.

“Defendant Music decided to test his luck by sinking millions of dollars of lottery winnings into the purchase and sale of crystal meth,” U.S. Attorney Ed Tarver said in a statement. “As a result of his unsound investment strategy, Music now faces decades in a federal prison.”

Music earlier this month pleaded guilty to drug trafficking and firearm charges, according to a Department of Justice news release. He faces a possible life sentence in prison.

At Music’s plea hearing, evidence was presented that showed he had “conspired with others to possess and distribute kilograms of methamphetamine,” the release noted. It stated that in 2015, Music’s associates were found trying to sell about 11 pounds of crystal meth. The drugs were worth “in excess of $500,000.”

“Music was identified as a source of supply for the meth,” the release stated. “The investigation further revealed that Music purchased the methamphetamine for resale with his own lottery winnings.”

During the investigation, authorities seized more than “$1 million worth of methamphetamine, a large cache of firearms, thousands of rounds of ammunition, multiple vehicles, and over $600,000 in cash,” the release states.

Music’s attorney declined to comment Wednesday.

Music won millions playing a scratch-off game in February 2015, reports indicate.

“I buy tickets every once in awhile,” he told the WALB, after his big win. “I couldn’t believe it, and I still don’t believe it yet.”

At the time, Music told the NBC affiliate that he and his wife planned to save some of the money.

This post has been updated.

Read More:
Number of law enforcement officers fatally shot this year up significantly after ambush attacks, report says

Police say he was resisting arrest. He says he was getting burned by 165 degree pavement.

This attorney wore a Black Lives Matter pin to court — and went to jail for it