1. Whether it's potholes
The pothole will be filled on Monday. RT @bdd4: look at my rim after a pothole on MLK near Kreuger Mansion.
— Cory Booker (@CoryBooker) December 23, 2012
2. Or stepping in when the police haven't ...
Stay there I am coming now myself. RT @kamori07 lets talk police response! I'm on NYE Ave and Hobson in an accident STILL waiting 4 police.
— Cory Booker (@CoryBooker) January 16, 2010
3. Or sometimes, when there's just nothing even he can do.
Sir, it looks like you live in Dublin, Ireland. I've got 99 problems & your ditch ain't one MT @leedalyire Can u sort the pothole outside?
— Cory Booker (@CoryBooker) November 5, 2012
4/5. Newark residents have particularly benefited from the mayor's active tweeting in weather emergencies After Hurricane Sandy hit New Jersey, leaving many without heat or electricity, Booker used Twitter to reach out to Newark residents in need, offering to deliver blankets and baby supplies.
I can deliver baby supplies. Can u DM me your exact address? RT @_CodeRedd_Boss I live in Oscar Miles Village and I have a 2 week old baby.
— Cory Booker (@CoryBooker) November 1, 2012
Where are u? Can I bring blankets, etc? RT @_LovelyEdith: We have had no power since Monday & it's been freezing with no heat! Please help!
— Cory Booker (@CoryBooker) November 2, 2012
6. He's even shoveled driveways after snowstorms.
Please @BigSixxRaven don't worry bout ur dad. Just talked 2 him & I'll get 2 his Driveway by noon. I've got salt, shovels & great volunteers
— Cory Booker (@CoryBooker) December 31, 2009
7. Booker is also known for his proclivity for saving the day. He's even poked fun at it. Like that time he saved a woman from a burning building.
Thanks 2 all who are concerned. Just suffering smoke inhalation. We got the woman out of the house. We are both off to hospital. I will b ok
— Cory Booker (@CoryBooker) April 13, 2012
8. Or the time he saved a freezing puppy.
Because of you that dog was rescued. Thank you for reaching out. Thank u for your kindness RT @ToniYates7: 2 dogs left outside, freezing.
— Cory Booker (@CoryBooker) January 24, 2013
9. And most recently, the time he offered to hand-deliver ballots.
I sent u a # by DM. Text me. I will help or deliver myself RT @itsnicklandy: Mayor where do u get an absentee ballot 4 the special election?
— Cory Booker (@CoryBooker) July 21, 2013
10. The Newark mayor has also used his platform and following to opine on the news and engage with his followers about political issues. Such as the Zimmerman verdict.
Bigotry & hate won't just quietly disappear - nor be defeated by more hate. It'll take stubborn, relentless, unyielding love & service
— Cory Booker (@CoryBooker) July 14, 2013
11. Or the time when a Twitter conversation about nutrition and economic inequality led to Booker accepting the food stamp challenge.
Lets you and I try to live on food stamps in New Jersey (high cost of living) and feed a family for a week or month. U game? @MWadeNC
— Cory Booker (@CoryBooker) November 19, 2012
12. And from time to time, Booker's social media feeds are also littered with inspirational aphorisms.