BROOKLYN, N.Y. - Six weeks after entering the presidential contest, Hillary Rodham Clinton still cannot raise money using up-to-date Democratic e-mail lists compiled by outside support groups, senior campaign officials said Thursday.

Despite the assumption that Clinton could quickly inherit supporter lists generated for President Obama and by the Ready For Hillary super PAC, legal hurdles and an abundance of caution have slowed any transfer or sharing of those lists of names, campaign officials said, which means that current fund-raising is being done largely through a new digital network of supporters. The campaign is also using old supporter lists from Clinton's 2008 campaign, but many of those e-mail addresses are no longer valid.

Clinton has added many more fund-raising events to her early schedule than originally planned, but campaign officials said the reason is concern about the rapid pace of Republican fund-raising rather than any disappointment with the pace or amount of money coming in for Clinton. The campaign gave no figures for what has been raised so far.

Clinton was raising money at six private events in Florida on Thursday and Friday, with ticket prices of $2,700 a head, the maximum amount an individual may donate in the primary season under FEC rules.

Officials said reports that the entire campaign aims to raise $2 billion before the 2016 election are entirely false. One  official suggested the entire total of money to be raised on Clinton's behalf, assuming she wins the Democratic nomination, would be closer to $1 billion. That would include money from outside super PACs such as Priorities USA Action. Clinton's campaign will work alongside Priorities despite her stated opposition to super PACs and intent to do away with them if she becomes president, the officials said.

Officials also outlined Clinton's plan to shift into a faster campaign pace next  month, with an agenda-setting rally and speech June 13 and a series of policy announcements after that. Clinton has been holding a series of small events in the first four primary states, and completed that round Wednesday in South Carolina.

Clinton campaign officials spoke to reporters at the campaign headquarters on condition that their names and direct quotations not be used. Anonymity was requested to allow better explanation of campaign strategy, organizers said.

The Clinton campaign is focused on raising about $100 million this year, all of it to be spent on the Democratic primary contests that begin in February 2016, officials said. A list of supporters compiled over two years by the unofficial booster group Ready For Hillary was supposed to provide a "turnkey" head start. Similarly, Democratic strategists had expected that Clinton could quickly gain access to supporter lists maintained by the Obama For America group.

The campaign still expects to share or swap those names and crucial e-mail addresses, but the process has been slower than many expected. Officials gave no specific reasons for the delay but said there are legal questions to resolve.