Sad if predictable results of an investigation into the death of Cory Monteith: The Coroners Service of British Columbia announced Tuesday that the “Glee” star succumbed to “mixed-drug toxicity involving heroin and alcohol.”

Staff at the Fairmont Pacific Rim hotel in Vancouver found the 31-year-old dead in his room Saturday not long after he missed a noon checkout, according to the press statement; though an investigation continues, “there is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith’s death was anything other than a most-tragic accident.”

Monteith, launched to overnight fame by the musical sitcom, had been open about his teenage struggles with substance abuse. In April, he completed a month-long stint in rehab.

Earlier: R.I.P., Cory Monteith, an overnight star who was open about his struggles

PHOTOS: Cory Monteith through the years