Maryland wide receiver Nigel King was injured early in the Terps’ win over U-Conn. (AP Photo/Jessica Hill)

EAST HARTFORD, Conn. — The injuries may have dimmed the celebration on an otherwise triumphant evening for the Maryland football team, but Coach Randy Edsall declined to reveal any specifics about cornerback Dexter McDougle and wide receiver Nigel King, both of whom left the Terrapins’ 32-21 win over Connecticut.

King, one of three starting wide receivers alongside Stefon Diggs and Deon Long, suffered what Edsall called a “leg injury” on the team’s second play from scrimmage. The Terrapins lined in a diamond formation and ran an outside run to Brandon Ross down the left sideline, right in front of the Connecticut bench. King went down among a sea of Huskies jerseys and remained there as trainers hustled over, helping him limp off the field.

The sophomore eventually had an ice pack strapped to his knee as he sat on the training table for the first half, holding crutches by his side. He later left the field and didn’t return.

“I haven’t really gotten anything from the doctors yet,” Edsall said. “Hopefully it won’t be anything, I don’t think that it’s a surgical situation right now. But again, I’ll know more tomorrow.”

Without King, Levern Jacobs finished with two catches for 60 yards and Malcolm Culmer caught his first pass of the season, a 26-yarder that brought the Terps into Connecticut territory and set up Diggs’s 12-yard touchdown scamper.

Though a blow nonetheless, King’s injury might be less detrimental than McDougle’s. A senior leader who had two interceptions on Saturday, including a 49-yard touchdown return that gave Maryland a comfortable 14-point lead in the third quarter, McDougle went from celebrating to wincing in a matter of minutes. On first and 10 from the Huskies 35-yard line, McDougle undercut Connecticut tight end Sean McQuillan near the line of scrimmage and stayed down.

“I’m not sure what happened to Dexter,” linebacker Cole Farrand said. “Hopefully he’s all right. Would love to see him back on the field. It was a crusher seeing him go down. He just had that great interception, then something like that happens. But that’s just football. I was ecstatic on the first one. I was so happy. I was pumped up. Then the next time we went down, it’s definitely a crusher.”

McDougle’s right shoulder appeared to jam into the ground, and team trainers spent several minutes bent over McDougle, examining the shoulder. From replays, it appeared he might have dislocated it, but Edsall declined to provide specifics after. McDougle immediately left the game, holding the injured arm at a right angle and supporting it with his left hand.

“Hopefully he’ll be okay,” Edsall said. “I’d hate to see him not be able to finish out or miss a couple games or whatever the situation might be.”

Without McDougle, Maryland’s front seven took over, ratcheting up the pressure on  Huskies quarterback Chandler Whitmer and closing out the win. But with cornerback Jeremiah Johnson already sidelined for at least six more weeks with a fractured toe, losing McDougle too could thrust freshman Will Likely into a starting role. Senior Isaac Goins has started the past two games in Johnson’s stead, and the Huskies went after backup Alvin Hill on a 75-yard touchdown and the ensuing two-point conversion.

“I don’t really know what the deal is,” quarterback C.J. Brown said. “Saw him go down. I wish him the best. I’ll try to find out how he is. I’ll try to find out how he is.”

Edsall added that linebacker Alex Twine suffered an oblique injury. “I think that was it, but we’ll find out tomorrow,” he said.