WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED:
* At a press conference in Missouri, Rep. Todd Akin (R-Mo.) reaffirmed his intent to remain in the Missouri Senate race. "We are going to be here through the November election and we are going to be here to win," he said. Akin added, "there may be some negotiations but they don't include me."
* A new CNN/ORC International poll shows a dead heat between President Obama and Mitt Romney. Obama leads Romney 49 percent to 47 percent nationally among likely voters, an advantage which is inside the survey's margin of error.
* Two GOP-aligned groups are up with new ads hitting Rep. Tammy Baldwin (D) in the Wisconsin Senate race. Crossroads GPS is hitting Baldwin for voting to raise the nation's debt limit while a 60 Plus Association spot criticizes Baldwin's votes for the stimulus and the federal health care law. The Crossroads ad is backed by $250,000 while 60 Plus is spending $535,000.
* The National Republican Senatorial Committee narrowly outraised the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, $6 million to $5.8 million in July. The DSCC ended the month with more money in the bank.
WHAT YOU SHOULDN'T MISS:
* Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) may get bumped from his Thursday night speaking slot at the Republican National Convention so that Ann Romney can get prime time network coverage.
* Former Democratic National Committee chairman Tim Kaine has launched his first Spanish language TV and radio spots in the Virginia Senate race. "As Governor, I worked with the Hispanic community. I increased the attendance of children in prekindergarten. I also increased state contracts given to small businesses," Kaine says in the commercials.
* A GBA Strategies poll of the New Mexico Senate race conducted for Democratic Rep. Martin Heinrich's campaign shows him leading former Republican congresswoman Heather Wilson 51 percent to 44 percent.
* In a new TV ad, Indiana Republican Senate nominee Richard Mourdock is trying to brand Rep. Joe Donnelly (D) as "Obama Joe."
THE FIX MIX:
Oh when the geese go marching in...
With Aaron Blake