Thousands of words have been -- and will be -- written by us and others about Inauguration Day 2013. But, in many ways, President Obama's second inaugural is better told through pictures.
The Fix combed through the multitude of photos taken today to find a handful that told the story of the day. Our 12 favorites are below.
1. The view of the inauguration stage, part 1
2. The view of the inauguration stage, part 2
3. The First Family
4. Barack, Hillary and Bill
5. President Obama and the Veep
6. Joe being Joe. Also, Nancy Pelosi.
7. The men and woman who lead the country
8. The first family of American pop culture
9. Kelly Clarkson RULES. Even if Joe Biden doesn't think so.
10. Bill Clinton understands about Kelly Clarkson
11. The Orrin Hatch hat....
12. ...topped only by the Antonin Scalia hat.