1. "Barack Obama of 2007 would be right down here with me," Paul said at one point.
2. "I've decided to occupy as much time as I can on the floor, to bring attention. Ultimately, I can't win; there's not enough votes," he said in hour three.
3. He also mentioned Jane Fonda.
4. Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) joined the party, and even referenced Jay-Z.
5. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) also joined in, enlisting the help of Twitter.
6. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) chimed in late in the day, saying he opposes Brennan's nomination.
7. “I would go for another 12 hours to try to break Strom Thurmond’s record, but I’ve discovered that there are some limits to filibustering and I’m going to have to go take care of one of those in a few minutes here,” Paul said as he wrapped up.