President Obama told NBC's Jay Leno Tuesday that when he recently had lunch with former secretary of state Hillary Clinton, "she had that post-administration glow."
It was only the latest in a long history of comments Obama has made about Clinton -- and vice versa -- some flattering, and some, well, not so nice.
Here's a brief stroll through memory lane.
1. Obama in January told "60 Minutes" that he thinks Clinton "will go down in history as one of the finest" secretaries of state the country has had.
2. After a brutal primary fight, Clinton extended an olive branch by moving to nominate Obama by acclamation at the 2008 Democratic National Convention.
3. Things weren't always so rosy. Like when Clinton said "Shame on you, Barack Obama," during the primary.
4. Or when Obama quipped during a debate, "You're likable enough, Hillary."
5. In another debate, Obama slammed Clinton as a "corporate lawyer," and she said he represented a contributor in his "slum landlord business." Ouch.