But the story of the Red Sox at the White House isn't best told with words. It's best told through the scads of pictures the players took of themselves -- and a few other people took of them. Here are 11 great ones.
1. A selfie of Sox slugger David Ortiz and President Obama.
2. Here's the extreme close-up version
3. And here's that selfie from another angle. (Very meta, we know)
4. Jonny Gomes, Jonny Gomes's American flag blazer, Bill Clinton and Mike Napoli.
5. The Gomes blazer and the American flag.
6. And the Gomes blazer solo.
7. White House press secretary Jay Carney, bearded.
8. Red Sox second baseman Dustin Pedroia, looking like a member of Bon Iver.
9. White House photographer Pete Souza, Red Sox fan.
10. Sunglasses on a cloudy day.
11. And, scene.