4. Open Secrets explains how candidates use leadership PACs in weird ways — and who is benefiting the most from leadership PAC largesse this year.
5. In case you are in a hurry and want to know when the first Republican presidential debate is ...
6. Jason Horowitz at the New York Times checks in on Sen. Mitch McConnell as his campaign winds to a close.
Yes, Mr. McConnell is hard to read. But by Tuesday evening, a week before the election, he did not seem so nervous at all.
7. The National Journal looks at the murky world of PACs and candidates coordinating while not coordinating.
8. “I used to be a conservative Democrat. There are no more of us.” Kristina Peterson and Dante Chinni at the Wall Street Journal write about how white, working-class voters have helped Republicans the past two midterm cycles.
9. Quote of the Day: "You're not going to get a Pulitzer Prize or an Emmy by saying 'Buddy Cianci is a convicted felon.' Everybody knows that."