Vice President Biden's propensity for whispering in the ears of women is now late-night joke fodder. David Letterman counted down the top 10 things Biden whispered into Stephanie Carter's ear this week after her husband, Ash Carter, was sworn in as defense secretary.
Among them, "Let me know when this gets weird," and "Ever heard of a second Second Lady?"
Biden has a well-documented history of being quite touchy-feely, but it's only recently started to become a recurring meme (see Biden Bidening Biden). And as our Nia-Malika Henderson argued, he should probably stop.
Here's the top 10:
10. "Let me know when this gets weird."
9. "What is that, Pert Plus?"
8. "You have the clavicle of a much younger woman."
7. "Have you seen 'Fifty Shades of Grey'?"
6. "Is that the necklace I gave you?"
5. "I haven't heard a word your husband said."
4. "You look like young Jeanne Kirkpatrick."
3. "Ever heard of a second Second Lady?"
2. "I don't have a time machine but I do have a hot tub."
1. "In the words of Ruth Bader Ginsberg, 'I'm not 100 percent sober.'"