When Tim Kaine wasn't interrupting Mike Pence on Tuesday night, he was packing the debate with enough dad jokes to make Danny Tanner blush.
6) "Donald Trump can't start a Twitter war with Miss Universe without shooting himself in the foot."
First, Trump technically wasn't in a Twitter war with Alicia Machado; that would require her reciprocating on Twitter. Second, Trump shoots himself in the foot doing many things, and Twitter is certainly one of them.
5) "Hillary and I believe in comprehensive immigration reform. Donald Trump believes in deportation nation."
In case you didn't notice, "deportation nation" rhymes.
4) "If you don't know the difference between dictatorship and leadership, then you got to go back to a fifth-grade civics class."
It almost seemed like Kaine was about to repeat this one. And Mike Pence called him on it:
KAINE: If you mistake leadership for dictatorship, and you can't tell the difference, a country that's running its economy into the ground...PENCE: Yeah, here we go. This is the grade school thing again?KAINE: ... persecuting journalists...PENCE: Right, this is grade school.
3) "[Trump] loves dictators. He's got kind of a personal Mount Rushmore: Vladimir Putin, Kim Jong-un, Moammar Gadhafi."
This one felt like it wasn't quite delivered as intended.
2) "Do you want a 'you're hired' president in Hillary Clinton or do you want a 'you're fired' president in Donald Trump?"
"The Apprentice" was a show in which Donald Trump said "You're fired" a lot.
1) "You are Donald Trump's apprentice."
See No. 2.