Our readers depend on FP for insight and analysis into issues of national security and foreign policy. We feel that our obligation to our readers thus extends now to making clear the great magnitude of the threat that a Donald Trump presidency would pose to the United States.
For us, the choice between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump is not pleasant, but it isn’t difficult. Republican candidate Donald Trump is unfit to be president of the United States. Democrat Hillary Clinton, despite her flaws, is well-equipped for the job.
- Foreign Policy: first endorsement in 46 years
- Atlantic: first endorsement in 52 years
- USA Today: first 'disendorsement' in 34 years
- Arizona Republic: first endorsement of a Democrat in 126 years
- Cincinnati Enquirer: first endorsement of a Democrat in 100 years
- Columbus Dispatch: first endorsement of a Democrat in 100 years
- Dallas Morning News: first endorsement of a Democrat in 76 years
- Detroit News: first endorsement of a non-Republican (Libertarian Gary Johnson) in 143 years
- Union Leader of Manchester, N.H.: first endorsement of a non-Republican (Libertarian Gary Johnson) in 100 years