- Hillary Clinton will end up winning the popular vote by a wide margin and losing the electoral college by a wider one.
- Vermont and Maine both voted significantly more Republican. Maine was the 13th-most Democratic state in 2012; this year it was the 18th-most.
- Utah voted significantly more Democratic. It was the most Republican state in 2012, and the 18th-most Republican in 2016.
- Texas was closer than Iowa.
- Georgia was closer than Ohio.
- So was Arizona.
- Minnesota was closer than Nevada.
November 16, 2016 at 3:47 PM EST