A check of the record — and the tape, which you can watch above — shows that indeed, Kavanaugh has popped up everywhere over the years in and around the nation’s capital.
His entries into Republican politics not always captured on tape include:
- Clerking for Justice Anthony M. Kennedy
- Investigating President Bill Clinton as part of Kenneth W. Starr's team
- Investigating the suicide of Clinton aide Vincent Foster
- Representing the American relatives of Elian Gonzalez
- Working on Florida recount cases for the George W. Bush campaign in the 2000 election
- Representing former Florida governor Jeb Bush in a school voucher case
- Working in the Bush White House as a lawyer and staff secretary
- Being confirmed to the D.C. Circuit Court in 2006
During that time, he has attended his share of dinners, panels and think tank discussions. All of which critics have said makes Kavanaugh the very “swamp creature” Trump promised to drain from the capital.
But it also raises the question: Where hasn’t Kavanaugh been?