A check of the record — and the tape, which you can watch above — shows that indeed, Kavanaugh has popped up everywhere over the years in and around the nation’s capital.
His entries into Republican politics not always captured on tape include:
- Clerking for Justice Anthony M. Kennedy
- Investigating President Bill Clinton as part of Kenneth W. Starr's team
- Investigating the suicide of Clinton aide Vincent Foster
- Representing the American relatives of Elian Gonzalez
- Working on Florida recount cases for the George W. Bush campaign in the 2000 election
- Representing former Florida governor Jeb Bush in a school voucher case
- Working in the Bush White House as a lawyer and staff secretary
- Being confirmed to the D.C. Circuit Court in 2006
But it also raises the question: Where hasn’t Kavanaugh been?