- After almost 30 years on death row, Louisiana’s Glenn Ford has been exonorated and is now a free man.
- An Illinois appeals court says Chicago Police Department misconduct files are public record. This has been a longstanding problem, in Chicago and elsewhere.
- Here’s a long overview of the myriad problems with the way forensic analysis is used in criminal courts.
- A federal jury in Anaheim has found that Officer Nick Bennallack did not use excessive force when he shot and killed Manuel Diaz in 2012. Diaz, a member of a local gang, was unarmed and running away when Bennallack chased him down and shot him in the back.
- The latest in zero-tolerance nonsense.
- A Pennsylvania state trooper says he accidentally killed his pregnant wife while cleaning his gun.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.