- A Department of Justice Inspector General report alleges that the officials at the federal Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Forces Fusion Center stonewalled attempts to collect information and took retaliatory measures against FBI agents who cooperated with investigators.
- The new San Diego police chief vows to rebuild public trust after a series of scandals within the department involving excessive force and sexual misconduct.
- The Justice Department wants expanded powers to hack into computers.
- The NYPD gets its first inspector general.
- An interesting look at the rise of “conviction integrity units” and whether they go far enough in seeking out innocence cases.
- If you can’t support free speech for those with whom you disagree, then you don’t really support free speech.
- Buzzfeed ranks every joke from the late, great comedian Mitch Hedberg. What happened to the Dufranes?
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.