- The Missouri Department of Transportation plans to have police shoot high-pitched, disorienting “sound cannons” at speeding motorists. I wonder how long it will take the agency to see the flaw in this plan.
- Feds crack down on the private use of drones for search-and-rescue efforts. Silly do-gooders. Drones are for killing people, not for saving them.
- Another troubling breakdown in the line of demarcation between domestic police and the military: The FBI has been participating in military raids overseas.
- The Village Voice looks at the broken and convoluted detention system for people seeking political asylum in the United States.
- Philadelphia police union wants the city to drop minimum standards and relax oversight in order to boost recruiting numbers.
- Ohio task force recommends significantly limiting the types of cases for which prosecutors could seek the death penalty.
- San Francisco plays host to a Nicolas Cage-themed art show.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.