- Another puppycide, this time in Maine. And witness accounts again contradict the police officer’s account. (Correction: The actual incident occurred in Louisiana. The owner was from Maine.)
- Eight years after failing the first time, most of the media fails again in its coverage of the Duke lacrosse case.
- A federal judge issues an injunction against Montgomery, Ala., which has been establishing what effectively is a debtors’ prison.
- The new police chief in Phoenix will review the past five years of officer-involved shootings.
- The New York Police Department cracks down on subway dancers, panhandlers and unlicensed street vendors.
- The Prince George’s County Police Department plans to live tweet prostitution stings. Surely this will end prostitution once and for all. My suggestion: Spend less time publicizing your pursuit of victimless crimes and more time keeping your own agency in order.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.