- A California city attempts to ban bullying with a law that will almost certainly result in First Amendment challenges.
- Police at a veterans hospital in Salt Lake City used a guise to obtain information about a planned protest.
- The Taser was supposed to be a substitute for lethal force. Unfortunately, police are increasingly using it to force compliance, as this Oregon officer did against a skateboarder.
- Teacher shows students pornographic movie. Students who document it get suspended. It’s probably a safe bet that the suspension here was really for embarrassing the school.
- Stephen Hawking: You really should be worried about the robot revolution.
- New Mine Resistant Ambush Protected armored personnel carriers from the Pentagon go to Marion, Ohio (population: 37,000) and Storm Lake, Iowa (population: 10,800). The sheriff of Buena Vista County, Iowa (population: 20,300), where Storm Lake is located, also has his own separate MRAP. So does the Iowa sheriff of Jasper County (population: 36,600). Prior posts on MRAPs in small-town America here and here.
- Chuck Schumer, being Chuck Schumer, wants to ban powdered alcohol.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.