- The Justice Department begins its audit of the San Diego Police Department.
- An NYPD officer stops a citizen from legally recording him. His reason: Some citizens are shooting cops with their iPhones. I haven’t yet seen that app. But I’m dubious.
- Police officer in Hearne, Tex., shoots and kills a 93-year-old woman.
- Another isolated incident: SWAT team conducts mistaken drug raid, cuffs parents, terrorizes kids.
- We need to rethink the practice of reflexively putting juveniles on sex offender lists.
- Report: Wisconsin prisoners remain behind bars for years after their parole dates, often in solitary confinement.
- Complaints of abuse at the hands of border patrol agents rarely result in discipline.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.