- A look at methamphetamine and moral panic. As often the case with illicit drugs, alarmist media reports about meth have led to laws that do more harm than the drug itself.
- A student is suspended for not standing during the Pledge of Allegiance.
- A former Maricopa County, Ariz., is deputy found dead in an apparent suicide. He was under investigation for allegedly stealing and hoarding evidence in hundreds of cases.
- A new law in Carson, Calif., criminalizing bullying could target children as young as 5.
- Oklahoma halts executions for six months after last month’s disaster.
- A good overview of the rise of the military-driven surveillance state here at home. War, as Randolph Bourne put it, is the health of the state.
- Denver city officials ask Colorado Symphony to cancel “bring-your-own-pot” concert series.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.