- R.J. Rummel, RIP. The historian spent his life collecting data on “democide,” or citizens killed by their governments. The sheer scope of the figures he compiled is staggering.
- Slowly, the country’s U.S. attorneys are coming around on drug sentencing for low-level offenders.
- Police shooting 377 rounds into a car occupied by two unarmed men “raises concerns.” That’s one way of putting it.
- Alaska Supreme Court: Because he wasn’t specifically prohibited from doing so, an Alaskan state trooper can’t be fired for having sex with a domestic violence victim just hours after he arrested her husband.
- Marijuana arrests are actually up in New York City after the first quarter of the De Blasio administration, at least in comparison with the last quarter of the Bloomberg administration.
- Knox County, Tenn., is jailing juveniles without providing them with legal representation.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.